February 15, 2018
Celebrate brunch for any occasion!
Whether you’re celebrating a bright occasion or throwing a get-together “just because,” elevate your next homemade brunch with our sparkling KORBEL California Champagne food and drink recipes.
These one-of-a-kind Spiced Pear Bacon Bites are a delicious brunch treat that is the perfect balance of salty and sweet. Take mimosas to the next level by serving our KORBEL Vanilla Orchard cocktail, which compliments any brunch food served!
Bacon-Wrapped Pears with Cinnamon-Sugar and Mascarpone Cheese
- 8 ea bacon slices, thin to medium thickness
- 2 ea Comice or Anjou pears, cut into quarters lengthwise, seeds and core cut out
- 1/3 C brown sugar
- 1/2 Tbsp cinnamon, ground
- 3 Tbsp butter, melted
- 1/2 C mascarpone cheese
- 1 Tbsp flat leaf parsley, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 400˚F. Place a baking rack over a cookie sheet or small sheet tray lined with aluminum foil or parchment paper.
- In a bowl, mix the cut pears with the melted butter, then coat with the brown sugar and cinnamon. Wrap each coated pear with a piece of bacon and place on the rack. Bake in the oven for 20-30 minutes or until the bacon has crisped and pears are tender. Remove and rest on the rack until warm.
- Spoon 8 mounds of mascarpone cheese onto a serving plate and place a warm bacon wrapped pear on each. Sprinkle with chopped parsley and enjoy with KORBEL Vanilla Orchard Cocktail.
KORBEL Vanilla Orchard
- 12 oz KORBEL, chilled
- 4 oz vodka, chilled
- 1/2 gallon apple cider (you’ll have plenty of extra vanilla cider for later use. You’re welcome!)
- 1/2 vanilla bean
- 1 ea apple
- Ground cinnamon
- With a small knife, split the vanilla bean down the middle lengthwise. Run the knife down the inside of one piece to scrape out the vanilla seeds. Add the seed and the vanilla pod into the cider, stir well or shake to incorporate. Allow to steep in the fridge for at least 24 hours.
- Just before pouring the cocktail, make the garnish by slicing an apple into quarters. Lay one quarter flat side down and slice diagonally to cut out the core and seeds, then lay skin side up and cut across to create thin slices. Lay the slices out on a plate and sprinkle with cinnamon. Thread two apple slices onto a bamboo skewer or toothpick about ½ inch apart.
- In each glass, add 2 oz of vanilla infused apple cider and 1 oz of vodka. Pour in 3 oz KORBEL. Top with a cinnamon apple skewer.