May 20, 2020
Dad-Approved Cocktail Garnishes
Celebrate Father’s Day with dad-approved cocktail garnishes he’ll love. Although you might be tempted to keep things simple and avoid frills and flashiness, this doesn’t mean you can’t get creative. Have fun and think about dad’s favorite foods and flavors. And if you can’t meet up in person to celebrate, don’t sweat it! The best part about simple garnishes is, they’re easy to make for a virtual cocktail hour. Just send out a list of ingredients beforehand so everyone can make the same cocktail and garnish. Then raise a glass to dad. Check out our garnish suggestions below for some inspiration.
Apple Slices + Cheese Cube
Grab a few apple slices and add them to a skewer with a tasty cheese cube. Check out these pairings for a few ideas!
Fuji + Gorgonzola, Blue Cheese, Fontina, Havarti
Granny Smith + Gorgonzola, Blue Cheese
Honeycrisp + Blue Cheese, Brie, Provolone, Gruyere
Mini Glazed Donuts
After making these sweet treats, use them as a garnish by looping them over a straw.
1¼ cups all purpose flour
½ cup granulated sugar
1¼ teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
½ cup buttermilk
1 egg, lightly beaten
1½ tablespoons butter, melted
1 1/2 cups of powdered sugar
2 tablespoons milk
1 tablespoon butter
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. In a large mixing bowl, sift together: flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Add buttermilk, egg, and butter.
- Mix until just combined.
- Scoop batter into a large baggie and cut off the tip to fill doughnut pan.
- Fill each donut cup approximately 1/3-1/2 full. Bake for 5-7 minutes. Then cool in pan for 1-2 minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack.
- Mix together powdered sugar, melted butter and milk. For a thicker consistency, add in more powdered sugar.
- Then add in 1-2 drops of food coloring and stir.
- Dip one side of your donuts into the glaze.
- Set aside to dry for about an hour.