April 1, 2020
Eat, Drink, and Celebrate Mother’s Day!
With Mother’s Day right around the corner, it’s time to start planning a gift mom will love. One way to thank her is by cooking a delicious meal she can enjoy. Start by choosing a KORBEL varietal perfect for mom. Then plan your meal around the varietal-specific flavors. To get you started, we’ve paired three fresh salads with tasty KORBEL varietals. Find a pairing mom will love, below!
If mom likes her California champagne on the drier side, share a bottle of KORBEL Natural’ over a delicious spread of seafood. Made with Pinot Noir and Chardonnay grapes, this varietal pairs particularly well with raw oysters, poached shrimp, and sushi.
Poached Shrimp & Avocado Salad
• 1/2 lb. shrimp (tails removed)
• 1 ripe avocado
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• a sprinkle of garlic powder (optional)
• squeeze of one lemon
• half of a small cucumber (diced)
• a pinch of fresh dill
• a pinch of chives
• Bring a pot of water to boil. Add the shrimp. Cook for 3-5 minutes until pink and opaque. Drain and place in a bowl of ice water to cool. When cooled, pat dry and cut into bite-sized pieces.
• Mash the avocado. Season with salt, lemon, and garlic powder.
• Toss shrimp, avocado mix, cucumber, and herbs together. Season to taste.
A classic California champagne, KORBEL Brut is always a medium-dry favorite. Not only does it feature citrus and cinnamon aromas, but if mom loves fried foods or salty snacks, this varietal is the way to go when planning a Mother’s Day meal.
Sweet & Salty Goat Cheese Salad
Ingredients- For Goat Cheese Dressing
• 6 ounces goat cheese
• 2 tablespoon honey
• 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
• 4 tablespoons vanilla unsweetened almond milk
• Combine all ingredients in a blender. Blend until smooth.
Ingredients- For Salad
• 1 apple thinly sliced
• 2 dates chopped
• 12 pieces bacon chopped
• 8 cups of desired greens
• Make one salad by topping 2 cups of greens with 1/4 apple, 1/4 chopped dates, and 1 piece of chopped bacon.
KORBEL Sweet Rosé
For the sweetest lady you know, share a varietal to match! KORBEL Sweet Rosé boasts bright fruit flavors, making it a great California Champagne for recipes featuring strawberries, raspberries, and cherries.
Strawberry Feta Salad
• 4 cups Spinach
• 1 T Extra Virgin Olive Oil
• 2 T Balsamic Vinegar
• 1/8 t Black Pepper
• 2 cups Strawberries, sliced
• 1 cup Walnuts
• 1/2 cup Feta Cheese
• Put spinach, olive oil, balsamic vinegar and pepper in a large salad bowl. Toss to combine.
• Add strawberries and walnuts. Toss again.
• Add feta and toss gently.