August 1, 2019
Farmer’s Market to Table
Take your “Farm to Table” lifestyle to the next level by organizing a “Farmer’s Market to Table Party!” Invite your friends to a local farmer’s market and encourage everyone to buy fresh ingredients to make their favorite summer dishes. Afterwards, send everyone home to cook; then regroup that night with delicious treats for everyone to share. For a fun way to keep the day’s theme going, greet guests with glasses of KORBEL Brut-Made with Organically Grown Grapes. Because when your food and drinks are made with care, you really can taste the difference! For some pre-party inspiration, check out these veggie-filled recipes.
Tomato and Squash Gratin
5 to 6 medium yellow squash, thinly sliced lengthwise
3 to 4 large tomatoes, thinly sliced
1/3 to 1/2 cup olive oil
15 to 20 whole basil leaves
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 cup bread crumbs
Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Place one layer of sliced squash in the bottom of a 9×13-inch baking dish. Top with a layer of sliced tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper and a few basil leaves. Generously drizzle olive oil over everything and sprinkle a little Parmesan cheese on top. Repeat in the same order until you run out of vegetables. The top layer should be tomatoes.
- Add a final toss of parmesan and a generous coating of breadcrumbs and more olive oil. Bake until everything is soft, bubbly and brown on top (about 30 to 40 minutes). Serve as a side dish with whatever you’re grilling or with a bean salad or pasta dish for a complete meal.
Roasted Tomato & Chive Pizza
Nonstick cooking spray
1 large pre-baked pizza crust
1/2 c. olive tapenade
1 c. shredded Gruyère
1 3/4 c. grape tomatoes
1/4 c. mushrooms
- Spray a large cookie sheet with cooking spray. Place pizza crust on pan.
- Spread crust with olive tapenade.
- Top with Gruyère, grape tomatoes, and mushrooms.
- Spray top of pizza with cooking spray. Bake at 425 degrees F for 20 to 25 minutes or until bottom is deep golden brown.
- Top with chives.