December 19, 2014
Fun Ways to Make Sure Guests Get Home Safely
The holidays are a joyous time of year – full of parties, family get-togethers and other special events. Amid all of the festivities, you want to make sure that you and your guests stay safe.
Moderation is key when enjoying KORBEL California Champagne or any other alcoholic beverage. When hosting a gathering, make nonalcoholic beverages available along with KORBEL, and be sure to offer plenty of food to slow the rate of alcohol absorption.
Here are several options to make sure guests get home safely:
- Lyft is a ride-sharing program that is accessible via a smartphone app. You request a ride on your phone, and then wait for a driver in your community to pick you up. (Look for the vehicle with a fuzzy pink mustache on its grille.) All payment is done through the app, so there’s no need to worry about having cash on hand.
- Uber is another popular app-based ride-sharing program that connects drivers with people who are in need of a ride. Uber operates in 200 cities around the globe. Payment is handled through the app.
- Curb, an app-based service similar to Lyft and Uber, operates in 60 U.S. cities. It uses only professional taxi or for-hire drivers.
- Limited to 10 cities so far, Sidecar is a ride-sharing service that lets drivers set their own price so that they can be competitive.
- Of course, an old-fashioned taxi service will also do the trick, so make sure to have the number handy.
Celebrate responsibly, and have a glorious holiday season!