October 1, 2019
KORBEL Spooky Movie Night
Everybody knows that scary movies are more fun to watch with friends—everyone needs someone to hold onto and scream really loud with— so invite the gang over for a scary movie night.
If possible, choose a movie no one has seen before. Be it an older, black and white film or a recent blockbuster, scary movie nights are more fun if no one knows when that creepy ghost is going to pop out.
Pop open a bottle of KORBEL and pour everyone some of your favorite, bubbling varietal. Or get creative and make a Halloween Cocktail. Our KORBEL Jack-O’-Lantern cocktail is always a hit.
1 oz. Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Whiskey®
2 oz. orange juice
4 oz. KORBEL Brut
Pour Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Whiskey and orange juice into a shaker with ice. Shake, and strain into a rocks glass over ice. Top with KORBEL. Garnish with a stick of black licorice for scary good Halloween punch.
Make sure you pop some popcorn for everyone to munch on too. If you’re more of traditionalist, stick with some buttery popcorn, but if you really want to get in the Halloween spirit, try out our Pumpkin Spice Popcorn recipe.
2 quarts popped popcorn
3 tbsp butter
1/4 cup sugar
1 tbsp water
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Place popcorn in a large bowl.
- In a saucepan, melt butter over low heat together with the sugar, water, vanilla extract, salt and pumpkin pie spice; cook and stir over low heat until sugar is dissolved.
- Pour butter mixture over popcorn; toss and mix with a spoon till popcorn is fully coated.
- Transfer coated popcorn onto the baking tray.
- Bake in the oven, uncovered, at 300°F for 10-15 minutes. Stir mixture every three or four minutes.
- Take out of the oven and keep stirring the mixture every few minutes. As the mixture cools, the popcorn will get nice and crispy.