November 1, 2019
Shop‘til you Brunch
The day after Thanksgiving marks November’s second-most-famous— and perhaps its most crazy— holiday: Black Friday. The malls are packed, local stores are filled, and everyone’s looking for a sweet deal. You know the drill. And you probably also know that all that early-morning shopping is EXHAUSTING. That’s why hosting a Black Friday Brunch is your best bet for a relaxing, post-shopping afternoon. Especially since all those Thanksgiving leftovers mean you won’t have to do any cooking. Just ask your friends to bring a dish to the party to share. As for drinks, keep the Black Friday theme going with some Blackberry and Black Raspberry mixed drinks. Check out our KORBEL cocktails for some ideas.
Blackberry Thyme Sparkler
1 c. blackberries + 8 more for garnish
1 c. water
1 c. sugar
1 bottle of KORBEL
4 ounces or 1/2 c. gin
4 long sprigs of thyme
1 c. ice
gold baking sugar for the rim
- In a small saucepan, bring blackberries, water, and sugar to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes, until the blackberries are soft and the simple syrup has turned to a bright pink/reddish color. Remove from heat, drain blackberries, and allow to cool.
- Prepare your champagne glasses. Dip each glass into the gold baking sugar. To make sure the sugar sticks, line the rim of the glass with a thin layer of butter.
- Next, add 1 ounce of gin to each champagne glass. Next drop two blackberries in each glass, followed by 2 ounces of homemade blackberry simple syrup. Fill the rest of the glass with KORBEL and top with a sprig of thyme in each glass.
Black Raspberry KORBEL Bellini
4 oz KORBEL
1/2 oz Chambord™ black raspberry liqueur
- Pour Chambord into the bottom of the champagne flute.
- Add KORBEL and a raspberry to the glass and serve.